D-Con was appointed for the construction of various upgrades at Doornkloof Nature Reserve, and was responsible for the management of 450 construction employees.
Construction and upgrading included:
- Upgrading of two fishing camps
- Construction of two new trail camp huts, a staff village, a bush camp with seven units, tourist and access gates, a jetty and canoe launch, and parking for 20 cars
- Renovation of one trail camp hut and a 35 km hiking, biking and bridle trail
- Procurement of furniture
- Upgrading of a 20 km 4×2 internal tourist road and a 5 km 4×4 internal road
- Installation of water reticulation, electrical works, and a sewer system